Round 3 & 4 Wrap Up
We are almost at the halfway point of our reduced 2020 season! Check out our upcoming events, latest news and match reports from round 3 and 4 below:
Prestige Settlements Ladies Day This Saturday - 1 August 2020
Past Players Day Wrap Up
Sponsor a Colt Program is Back
The Clubs Lifeblood is Under Threat
1999 and 2000 Premiership Reunion Round 7 - 15 August 2020
Membership Fees and Membership Jackpot
Annual Gibb Medal Awards Gala – Saturday 3 October 2020
The 2020 season has finally begun! Check out our upcoming events, latest news and match reports from round 1 and 2 below:
1. TJK Auto Repairs Past Players Day This Saturday 18 July 2020
2. Prestige Settlements Ladies Day Round 5 - 1 August 2020
3. 1999 and 2000 Premiership Reunion Round 7 - 15 August 2020
4. Round 1 Report
5. Round 2 Report
6. Willo Hoodies
7. Membership Fees and Membership Jackpot
8. Social Memberships
9. Annual Gibb Medal Awards Gala – Saturday 3 October 2020
We finally have a start date for the season and the club bar will be opening this Thursday! Check out this month’s headlines below:
Well we are getting closer to running out the Blues teams for 2020 and how good will it be to hear the Willetton Football Club Theme Song over the PA system when our teams finally do run onto the ground in the 1st Home Game for 2020.
Free Flu Shot
On Thursday the 25th of May 2020 the club will be providing free flu vaccinations for any players, members, supporters, family, friends and volunteers. There will be two formats for the Flu shots. The players ones will be done inside the gate, immediately prior to training. Anyone else who would like the vaccination will be able to drive through the car park where there will be a drive through clinic to receive the vaccination. Entry will be through the Basketball Stadium immediately past the tennis courts and then down between the bowling and tennis clubs and the exit will be through the parking closest to the sports cub. This should avoid congestion in the car park.
The flu vaccination is completely free in the interests of the health of the Willetton Football Club, our members & the community in general. The vaccination is not compulsory but available for any person who wishes to receive it.
We hope you have all been handling isolation and are ready and excited to get stuck back into training for the 2020 season. Please read all the information below and be prepared to return to training. Check out this months headlines below:
1. Return to Training Protocols
2. What Will The 2020 Season Look Like?
3. Club Bar, Canteen and Events
4. Membership Fees
6. When do we expect more information on restrictions and the upcoming season
I hope everyone has been keeping well in isolation, staying in contact with each other and maintaining their health and fitness. Based on the numbers we are seeing at the moment I thinks it’s safe to say that we are all most likely corona virus free and apart from boredom and running out of projects to do around the house we are all looking forward to putting this behind us and getting the footy season started again.
Following the announcement by Mark McGowan on Sunday the 26th of April that relaxed the social gathering restrictions from two to ten person groups it is looking more likely that we will have a football season in some form. The start date to re-commence training is currently scheduled as Monday the 1st of June for the colts and women, Tuesday the 2nd of June for the men and Thursday the 4th of June for the integrated all abilities team with the first game for all teams scheduled for the 13th of June. Obviously this all depends on social distancing restrictions being relaxed further.
Well, what a week it has been in Footy to say the least!
I was out and about this morning, getting a few supplies, not panic buying but collecting a few things for my mother in law who has decided it would be in her best interests to put up the shutters and hide out until this is all blown over. Approaching the counter to pay for my items where I was extremely pleased to see at the checkout a man wearing a Willetton Football Club polo shirt, none other than the BBQ king himself Billy Jones. Ensuring we maintained our required 1.5 meters separation our quick exchange reflected on how disappointed we both were with the way the 2020 season has turned out. I think we pretty much nailed it though when it was said, “We didn’t see that one coming did we!”
To all our valued players, coaches, umpires, members, volunteers, sponsors and supporters,
The Perth Football League advised yesterday that in an effort to reduce the spread of Corona Virus (Covid-19) throughout our community they were postponing the commencement of the 2020 season until Saturday the 13th of June 2020. This was the scheduled midway point of the season.
With less than four weeks until the season is underway your clubs has been hard at work organising everything for the year. Check out this month’s headlines below:
1. Jumper Presentation and Social Membership Launch is Thursday 2 April 2020
2. New Players Are Welcome and Old Players Are Welcome Back
3. Training Days Are Changing
4. 2020 Team Uniform
5. Mundijong Scratch Match is 14 March 2020
6. Bassendean Scratch Match is 21 March 2020
7. Player Membership Fees Reminder
8. Kitchen Volunteers Needed
9. Round 1 & Beyond Blues Party is 4 April 2020
10. Round 2 - First Ever Women’s Game and Premiership Reunion Luncheon is 18 April 2020
11. 2020 Events Calendar
12. The Bunnings BBQ on 15 & 16 February 2020 was Successful
13. The Women’s First Hit Out in the AFLX Tournament on 22 February 2020 Was Great
14. The Intraclub Scratch Match on Wednesday 26 February 2020 Was A Success
15. Rookie's Day Was Saturday 7 March 2020
16. Willetton Football Club Core Values - Culture, Commitment, Communication
17. Corona Virus / Covid 19
18. Willetton Junior Football Club Blues News
Your clubs has been hard at work to get the 2020 season underway. Check out this month’s headlines below: